The Gospel of Luke Study Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson Two, Question 2

Go down

Lesson Two, Question 2 Empty Lesson Two, Question 2

Post by Tara Bernard Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:51 pm

2. What actions of God in Mary’s song (1:48-54) have you observed or
experienced?
Tara Bernard
Tara Bernard
Admin

https://alexandergospelstudy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lesson Two, Question 2 Empty Re: Lesson Two, Question 2

Post by Tara Bernard Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:35 pm

This is a hard question for me, I am not adept at reading God's signs (see earlier discussions!). I frequently feel like the luckiest person ever and sometimes I attribute this to God's mercies. Other times I just feel fortunate. I do tend to readily believe that God will forsake me if I begin to feel like I have made myself fortunate and I don't know how much of that is a holdover from a rather (cough) authoritative upbringing and how much of that is of God. I frequently struggle with feeling God's love and I think that's mostly from the horrible experience I went through at church when they emphasized that if you were God's chosen, you would know it without a shadow of a doubt. I didn't, so I assumed I wasn't chosen. Even after I stopped believing in their teachings, I can never be sure in my own mind if I stopped believing because I don't feel chosen or if I stopped believing because it's a bunch of hogwash. Sorta off the point, but that's where this question led me!
Tara Bernard
Tara Bernard
Admin

https://alexandergospelstudy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lesson Two, Question 2 Empty 2:2

Post by Toneygausewitz Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:35 pm

"He who is mighty has done great things for me"--I live a sweet life (sure, there are problems and challenges, but on the whole, it's a good life!)--I have enough food, a roof over my head, I know I am loved....
"His mercy is on those who fear him"--I have experience God's mercy time and time again--most notably when I have been concerned/worried about something, and I take it to God in prayer. The relief I have received, just knowing that the issue is not "mine alone"--that at the very least, God will be there, with His hand on my shoulder, as I go through whatever it is....

Toneygausewitz

Back to top Go down

Lesson Two, Question 2 Empty Re: Lesson Two, Question 2

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down