The Gospel of Luke Study Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson One, Discussion A

3 posters

Go down

Lesson One, Discussion A Empty Lesson One, Discussion A

Post by Tara Bernard Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:55 pm

A. Who would you choose as the biographer of your life story, and why? What is a recent surprise that your family has experienced? A job promotion? A new addition to the family?

Tara Bernard
Tara Bernard
Admin

https://alexandergospelstudy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lesson One, Discussion A Empty Re: Lesson One, Discussion A

Post by Tara Bernard Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:08 pm

I don't think my life has been interesting enough to have a biographer, so I guess I'd choose to write an autobiography, along the lines of the "Little House" books. Just a story about a regular person living a regular life that would hopefully be somewhat entertaining. LOL.

We haven't had any great surprises recently, however we have had some big changes. Adrian was added to our lives and has been such a joy to us all. Jeff just retired after 36 years with the Gas Company and we are preparing to enjoy that as well!
Tara Bernard
Tara Bernard
Admin

https://alexandergospelstudy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lesson One, Discussion A Empty Pam: A Biography... recent surprise

Post by Pamela Meyers Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:22 pm

Biography authors? I'd pick my mom, sisters, and son. Also, my friend Matt might have some funny stuff to say. I'm not so worried about it being accurate as much as something enjoyable, entertaining, and relatable for the people writing and reading it!

Recent surprise: I got asked to do a second interview for a job I applied for. I'm shocked since I didn't think the first interview went well!

Pamela Meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbara Alexander Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Choosing a biographer to tell about my life is an interesting thing to think about. If personal experience with something along the lines of biographing is anything to go by, I’d have to say that if I chose any one person to tell the story, you’d get only that person’s story of the story. I say this because one time my sister Marjorie and I were talking about our mother and her view of mother was so different from mine that one would think we were talking about two different people! Since we are doing a Bible study here, I guess the “right” answer-choice would be “God,” as He is the only One who knows the whole true-and-real story of my life. (Oh, my goodness, now that’s something to think about!!!)

I wonder if the author of this question was thinking more Biblically, and —more specifically— about the New Testament, and the stories that are told about Jesus.  If so, I think Luke is the best “biography” to begin with since Luke focuses on the humanness of Jesus, and is presented chronologically from His birth to His ascension. The other three Gospels present other sides of the story.

Barbara Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down