The Gospel of Luke Study Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H.  How is John's mission a model for your mission today?  How might you "prepare" people for the Lord?

Go down

H.  How is John's mission a model for your mission today?  How might you "prepare" people for the Lord? Empty H.  How is John's mission a model for your mission today?  How might you "prepare" people for the Lord?

Post by Barbara Alexander Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:39 pm

John's mission was to prepare the way for the Lord, Jesus Christ. He called the people to repent of their sins and turn their lives around. I can tell you the quickest way I know of to turn off someone you would like to "introduce" to the love of God and come to recognize the meaning of Christ's death on the cross, is to start out by telling the person he needs to repent of his sins and get baptized.
I don't know how to "prepare" anyone. I wish I did know how. The best advice I've heard on this subject is a remark Tara made: "I want to live my life in such a way that people say, 'I want a piece of that'." i.e. I want to be as happy and joyful and full of life as you are. If anyone of you knows of something more I can do, I'd be most interested to hear of it and do it.

Barbara Alexander

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum