The Gospel of Luke Study Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson Two, Question 8

Go down

Lesson Two, Question 8 Empty Lesson Two, Question 8

Post by Tara Bernard Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:54 pm

8. What feelings do you get when you have to fill out income tax forms? How would you like to have to pay your income tax in person in Washington? Do you
think this was a joyful time in Bethlehem? What were the conditions in the city?
Tara Bernard
Tara Bernard
Admin

https://alexandergospelstudy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lesson Two, Question 8 Empty Re: Lesson Two, Question 8

Post by Tara Bernard Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:33 pm

Oh sneaky, sneaky question. I LOVE filling out forms, any kind of forms, anywhere, any reason. How do I feel about PAYING my taxes, well, that's a rather more involved question! LOL. I would like to HAVE to go to Washington DC once a year simply because I love travel. I would not like to hand over my hard earned cash and particularly not IN cash. On the other hand, I understand the necessity for taxes, I agree that there are certain things that work to provide a better life for everyone in a society which must be funded by the society, so...on the other hand again, I'm not always crazy about what my taxes go to pay FOR...particularly when I feel that they are being taken in order to provide a better society for all, and then used to provide a better life for a few, but that's an entirely different discussion! I guess one has to take the good with the bad and that's what's amazingly great about a democracy, or rather a republic, we DO have the opportunity to make our wants and needs known. Anyhow, back to the subject at hand...Yeah, I think in some ways it was a joyful time in Bethlehem. Humans almost always relish the idea of reunions and in a sense that's what this was. The city was crowded (and don't even get me started on how now that they're betrothed, Mary's origin city is whatever Joseph's was, no matter where hers actually was and gee, she'd probably like to see HER family and friends, too...but again, I digress. I seem to be feeling a bit socially angry tonight, so maybe I better go meditate on that and refrain from answering any other questions tonight. :-)
Tara Bernard
Tara Bernard
Admin

https://alexandergospelstudy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down